Family Law and Immigration Issues

Family Immigration and Beyond

At Teplen Law Group, PLLC, we understand that our clients are best represented if we can help them overcome all challenges that come with settling in the United States. Therefore we are committed to assisting our clients with their most important concern — their family. We believe passionately in family unification and we have huge success in unified family settlement in the United States. To speak with an experienced lawyer about your family immigration concerns, please call our New York City offices at 212-401-4040 or contact us online.

Family Immigration Services

Our Immigration Attorneys offer experienced and effective legal help in a wide range of family-related immigration and non-immigration matters. For example:

  • Spouses, fiancées and children: Our lawyers help foreign nationals who are the fiancée, spouse or child of a U.S. citizen to obtain K visas, which provide entry into the U.S. and work permission, in advance of obtaining permanent residence. We also help foreign nationals who are in the United States on a temporary basis, bring their spouse or children to the U.S. with various non-immigrant visas meant specifically for the children and the spouses of these foreign nationals.
  • Parents and siblings: If you have completed the naturalization process and are now a U.S. citizen, you also may petition your parents or siblings to live and work permanently in the United States.
  • Hardship waivers: Hardship waivers are complicated and difficult to obtain. However, our attorneys have had significant experience and a high rate of success with I-601 and Section 212 waivers, which provide relief from numerous events which may render a person ineligible, including: visa fraud, medical illness, prior removal, criminal arrest, etc.
  • Family sponsorships and unity petitions: The Family Unity Program allows unmarried children and spouses of resident aliens under specific circumstances, to stay in the United States and work through a stay of deportation. This stay is extended until their priority date is reached. Once their priority date is reached, the spouse and children are allowed to adjust to permanent residency.
  • Battered spouse (VAWA) petitions: The Violence Against Women Act allows the battered spouses and children of United States citizens or lawful permanent residents to self-petition for lawful permanent residency status.

In addition to these issues, our lawyers also provide legal services for family-related needs involving international adoption, divorce, real estate and estate planning.

Guiding the Way to America Since 1983

To get started — call our offices in New York City at 212-401-4040 or reach us Toll-Free in the U.S. at 800-244-5266. You can also contact us online.


Se habla español / Nous parlons français /

Major Credit Cards Accepted