Green Cards: Lawful Permanent Residence

Immigrant “Green Cards” and Lawful Permanent Resident Status

Immigrant visas are for persons seeking to live and work permanently in the United States. These visas, commonly referred to as a “Green cards,” confer lawful permanent resident status and enable one to apply for United States citizenship.

At Teplen Law Group, PLLC we guide clients through the process of obtaining “Green Cards” through various methods, including: family-based and employment-based applications. Specifically, immediate family members, fiancés, and certain other relatives; employment-based EB-visa applications; and EB-5 applications for qualified foreign investors are utilized. Additionally, interim visas may be available, in a strategy to unite family and assisting business needs prior to issuance of the “Green Card.”

For more information on immigrant visa options or what our lawyers can do to help you secure one, call our New York City offices at 212-401-4040, Toll-Free from anywhere in the United States at 800-244-5266, or contact us online from anywhere in the world.

Dual Intent Visas

Ordinarily, non-immigrant visas generally require the applicant’s stated intent to remain in the United States solely on a temporary basis. However, the USCIS permits H-1B, L visa, and E visa categories, under a doctrine known as dual intent, to retain their non-immigrant status, while seeking to obtain permanent residence.

The J-1 physician visa may also be treated as a dual intent visa in certain situations. The concept of dual intent is one of many strategies evaluated by Immigration professional attorneys, in order to best ensure transition from non-immigrant to immigrant status.

International medical graduates often overcome the J-1 visa two-year home country requirement through waivers based on the support of an interested government agency (IGA), a state health department Conrad 30 program, or by providing care in a Health Professional Shortage Area or Medically Underserved Area in the United States. There are also academic and clinical waivers, and in some cases waivers based on hardship to a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident child or spouse or because of fear of persecution on returning to their home country.

At Teplen Law Group, PLLC, we know what it takes to successfully complete these often complicated transitions and can begin helping you start the process today. In addition, our lawyers enjoy an exemplary level of success on behalf of physician J-1 visa holders who want to adjust their status and require waiver of their two-year home country requirement, before being able to obtain a United States “Green Card.”

Guiding the Way to America Since 1983

To discuss your need for a permanent immigrant visa with an experienced attorney — call our offices in New York City at 212-401-4040 or Toll-Free in the U.S. at 800-244-5266. You can also contact us online.


Se habla español / Nous parlons français /

Major Credit Cards Accepted